All workers hired to perform services for your property (employees and deliveries not included) must be registered to do work in the Town. If you are hiring a contractor (for example, to do lawn work or make improvements to your home) please ask them to register at Town Hall if they are not currently on file. Occupational registration is designed to ensure workers are properly licensed and insured, which enhances the safety of the community. Registration documents must be submitted annually. All contractors and subcontractors who wish to apply for a building permit must be registered with the Town of Gulf Stream and the Town of Highland Beach. Failure for any contractor or subcontractor to submit required registration documents will impede permit progress. Non-construction contractors with fewer than four employees may fill out a worker compensation exemption form and submit in lieu of an exemption certificate in accordance to State Law. See here for the waiver. All documents can be submitted to email@example.com or delivered to Gulf Stream Town Hall at 100 Sea Road, Gulf Stream, FL 33483. Requirements Attached – Contractor Registration Form
INFORMATION FOR OCCUPATIONAL REGISTRANT
1. Work is permitted in the Town of Gulf Stream from May 1 through November 30 on non-holiday weekdays and Saturdays from 8:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.
Note: During the period from December 1 through April 30, work is permitted only on non-holiday weekdays from 8:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.; and on non-holiday Saturdays during the same hours if work is conducted in a fully enclosed structure such that noise, dust, odors, vibrations, bright lights or similar effects from such activities are not detectable from other properties. Pile driving, jack hammering, dry sand blasting and similar activities are prohibited from December 1 through April 30.
2. Town Hall hours are from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. Telephone (561) 276-5116. Fax (561) 448-1009.
3. Please keep radios in use by workers at a minimum volume, out of respect to nearby residents.
4. Trucks and other equipment shall not be parked on any property other than that where the work is being performed. Whenever possible, all parking shall be done off the traveled portion of the
5. Commercial vehicles must display a valid Town Commercial Vehicle decal at all times. Decals should be placed (one per vehicle) on the driver’s side, REAR, bumper.
6. Mowers and other gasoline-powered equipment must be filled with fuel somewhere other than the public street. The spillage from this type of work has caused the pavement to erode in a number of places.
* No work is allowed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.